conglobe and conglobate

conglobe and conglobate
   To form into a compact spherical mass -- a ball. Both "conglobe and "conglobate" came to English from the Latin verb "conglobare" about the 16th century. The word "glob" is a relative too. "Glob" might have originated as a blend of "globe" and "blob." (pr. kahn-glohb' or kun-glohb' and kahn-gloh'bayt or kun-gloh'bayt) Also see spheroid.

Glossary of Art Terms. 2014.

Игры ⚽ Поможем сделать НИР

Look at other dictionaries:

  • conglobe — /kɒnˈgloʊb/ (say kon glohb) verb (t), verb (i) (conglobed, conglobing) → conglobate (defs 2 and 3) …  

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”